Personal Services contracts cover a wide range of services including, but not limited to:
- Architecture Engineering
- Construction Management
- Industrial and Environmental Hygiene
- Information Technology
- Controlled Inspections
- Real Estate
- Professional Staffing and Training
To solicit consultants for Personal Services contracts, the SCA issues a Request for Proposal (RFP) to firms that have the requisite experience.
All active RFP's are advertised in the City Record and on the SCA's website.
To view a list of current and anticipated RFP's, click the following link: Anticipated Requests for Proposals
Requirements for Prime Consultants:
A consultant firm responding to an RFP does not need to be prequalified at the time that it submits its proposal. However, successful firms must be prequalified before a contract is executed. Therefore, it is advisable to start the prequalification process as soon as possible.
To begin the prequalification process, please go to the Vendor Access System and fill out the online application.
Requirements for Sub-consultants:
Sub-consultants for personal services contracts do not need to be prequalified. However, they are required to fill out and submit a Work History for Sub-Consultants Form.
Responding to a RFP
When invited to submit a proposal for a Personal Services contract, consultant must:
Meet the minimum requirements outlined in the RFP documents including but not limited to:
- Have all required licenses, certifications, registrations
- Include all required financial statements for both prime and named sub-consultants
- Submit a Work History form for all sub-consultants not prequalified with the SCA
- Include a cost proposal in a separate, sealed envelope
- Submit 1 original and specified number of copies by the Proposal Receipt date and time
If there is a RFP Solicitation either on the SCA's website or The City Record, and your firm is interested in obtaining a copy, the procedures outlined on RFP-Request for Proposals
page must be followed.
Proposals are evaluated by a committee comprised of SCA employees on the basis of weighted criteria defined in
the RFP, such as:
- Appropriateness and quality of firm’s experience
- Qualifications of proposed staff
- Methodology and approach
- Minority or Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) participation
To learn more about the M/WBE criteria, click the following link: MWLBE Certification Page