Types of Construction Bids
The SCA solicits construction contractors through two methods:
- Advertised Bids – typically used for construction jobs with an estimated construction value between $1 million and $4 million; public notices can be found in the City Record, CDS, Dodge, various other trade publications and the SCA's website; additionally, emails regarding these bids are sent to qualified contractors.
- To view details on advertised bid projects, click the following link: NYCSCA Advertised Bids
- Limited List Bids – open only to an invited group of prequalified contractors; typically used for projects estimated at more than $4 million, Capacity projects, Mentor and Graduate Mentor projects. Mentor/Graduated Mentor projects are typically valued at less than $1 million and are restricted to prequalified and certified Minority/Women-Owned or Locally-Based Business Enterprises (M/W/LBEs) enrolled in the Mentor/Graduate Mentor Programs.
- To view details on limited list projects, click the following link: NYCSCA Limited List Bids
- To learn more about the SCA's Mentor Program, click the following link: NYCSCA Mentor Program
- To learn more about M/W/LBE certification, click the following link: NYCSCA M/W/LBE Certification
Obtaining Bid Information
Do you want to find more information about a particular solicitation? (Note: you will need to know the solicitation number for a project in order to access the information). Bid Information
Picking up Plans and Submitting Bids
Contractors can either download bid solicitation documents online at the Bid Set Website, or purchase bid solicitation documents directly at the SCA's Sales Plans Room (SPR). The SPR is located on the first floor of the SCA, opposite the security desk (Queens location), at 30-30 Thomson Avenue Long Island City, NY 11101. The SPR can be reached at 718-472-8836 (telephone) and 718-472-8830 (fax).
A non-refundable payment for each set of bid documents is required. We accept all major credit cards, certified checks or money orders payable to the SCA. When purchasing solicitation documents, contractors must provide the following information: Legal company name, mailing address, telephone number, fax number and contact person.
Please Note: The SCA is now transitioning towards permanently making the bid sets available online, and discontinuing the sale of physical documents.
In connection with this transition, Contractors will be able to concurrently purchase bid documents at the SCA's SPR for Capacity and CIP solicitations through November 30, 2014.
Bid documents for Mentor and Mentor Graduate solicitations can be concurrently purchased at the SCA's SPR through December 31, 2014.
After these respective dates, the bid solicitation documents will only be available for online download at the Bid Set Website indicated above.
To learn more about navigating the Bid Set Website, Contractors can access a copy of the NYC SCA's Bid Set Website External User Guide at the SPR.
Bids must be submitted in accordance with established SCA procedures. SCA qualified contractors may submit their bids from Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (except on SCA holidays).