Report an Incident
The SCA has a well-established Safety Program that guides and directs the management, staff, contractors and sub-contractors working at SCA project sites. The Safety Program seeks to ensure establishment and maintenance of an accident-free/healthy workplace - to promote safe behavior and avoid workplace injuries or damage to property.
If an incident such as damage to property or a workplace injury/illness has occurred on a project site, please follow the procedures outlined below:
- Immediately notify the SCA Project Officer, Safety Unit, and Insurance Team via email to Notice of Accident (firstname.lastname@example.org is accessed 24 hours/day).
- If you have questions, please contact the SCA Insurance Team at 718-472-8778.
- Complete and send appropriate documentation to the SCA Insurance Team via fax to 718-472-8770 or via email to Notice of Accident (email@example.com is accessed 24 hours/day).
- Please retain a copy for your files and submit one copy to the SCA Project Officer and Construction Manager responsible for supervision of the project site.
- Failure to promptly report an incident (or a claim) may be construed as LATE NOTICE and coverage for such claim may be denied.
**IN CASE OF SERIOUS INJURY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CONTACT THE SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION AUTHORITY INSURANCE TEAM AT 718-472-8778.**
Preserving/Securing the Site
It is essential that all claims be investigated thoroughly by the Contractor, SCA Project Officer, Safety Inspector and the Insurance Team. All available facts, evidence and information, including the names of any witnesses, must be secured while such information is available. To ensure this is accomplished, complete an SCA Incident/Accident Reporting Form. If you have questions, please contact the SCA Insurance Team at Notice of Accident (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 718-472-8778.
If a contractor makes repairs or hires other contractors to make repairs when damage is caused to a third party, this does not in itself mean that the insurance carrier will reimburse the contractor for the cost of repairs. The policy provisions clearly state the contractor is not allowed to make voluntary repairs or payments until the insurance carrier has had sufficient time to evaluate the damage (loss). By making repairs or making voluntary payments, the insurance carrier may find it difficult to evaluate the loss and may deny the claim.
Post-Accident Claim Mitigation
- Contractors will comply and aid all post-accident investigations.
- Contractors are responsible for securing any and all equipment for post-accident investigations.
- Contractors will respond to all claim related inquiries from the SCA Insurance Team in a timely manner.
- Contractors will notify the SCA Insurance Team if they intend to pay a claimant's full or partial wages while disabled due to a worker's compensation claim.