Thank you for your interest in making a referral to the SCA for a potential new school site.
We welcome all referrals and each one is evaluated by the SCA’s Real Estate Services group for potential development as a school facility. We have included below additional information on what criteria the SCA uses in order to help determine the appropriateness of a site.
If you believe your suggestion meets the criteria below, please share it with us. Either way, we will review each and every submittal made.
You can submit a site for consideration by clicking on this link or by emailing us at Sites@nycsca.org. If you are a member of the community and would like more information please contact a member of our External Affairs team.
If you are a property owner or representative and would like more information please contact Gayle Mandaro, Senior Director, Real Estate Services at (718) 472-8308 or Gmandaro@nycsca.org
General Site Requirements/Preferences
- Generally the SCA seeks sites which are at least 20,000 square feet of land for new schools. Larger sites that allow for adequate space at grade play space are strongly preferred.
- A site with at least 2 street frontages, however, aditional street frontages are preferred.
- SCA considers approximately 100,000 square foot condominium units with available outdoor play space, contiguous to the school space, in mixed use developments
- SCA requires column-free classrooms
- SCA requires double-heighted ceilings and column free space in the gymatorium
- All classrooms require natural light and ventilation