The New York City School Construction Authority (SCA) offers exciting internship programs for high school and college students.
SCA's College Internship Program
The SCA's College Internship Program ("CIP") was established to attract and recruit talented college students interested in architecture and/or engineering design, business, construction management, human resources, information technology, public administration, real estate and other careers within the public sector.
- Students receive challenging work assignments and career mentoring.
- Students may intern up to 20 hours a week during the fall and spring semesters, and up to 37.5 hours during the winter intercession and summer (from June through August).
- Students are paid $17.50 per hour.
- The program is open to full-time college students enrolled in an accredited four-year bachelor’s degree program or in graduate degree program.
- GPA requirements: 3.0 or above.
- Applicants must be able to present original unexpired documentation to show identity and employment authorization to work in the United States.
- Submit a resume and cover letter indicating the area you are interested in being considered for an internship.
- Selected finalists will be notified and an interview will be scheduled with the selected area.
The SCA's internship programs follow the agency's avoidance of nepotism policy. SCA employees and SCA consultants should consult the agency’s nepotism policy on the SCANetwork.
Inquiries may be emailed to: SCA Internships