Thank you for your interest in making a referral to the SCA for a potential new school site.
We welcome all referrals and each one is evaluated by the SCA’s Real Estate Services group for potential development as a school facility. We have included below additional information on the criteria the SCA uses in order to help determine the appropriateness of a site.
If you believe your site might meet the criteria below, we encourage you to share it with us. We will review each and every submittal made.
You can submit a site for consideration by clicking on this link or by emailing us at Sites@nycsca.org. If you are a member of the community and would like more information please contact Zeeshan Ott, Director of External Affairs.
If you are a property owner or representative and would like more information please contact Gayle Mandaro, Senior Director, Real Estate Services at (718) 472-8308 or Gmandaro@nycsca.org
General Site Requirements/Preferences
- At least 20,000 square feet of land /property for new schools. Larger sites that allow for adequate space for at grade play are strongly preferred.
- At least 2 street frontages, however, additional street frontages are preferred.
- SCA considers approximately 100,000 square foot condominium units with available outdoor play space, contiguous to the school space, in mixed use developments
- SCA requires column-free classrooms
- SCA requires double-heighted ceilings and column free space in the gymatorium
- All classrooms require natural light and ventilation